Hairdresser's - Why do we subject ourselves to all this?

So here I am waiting for another hour or three whilst my hairdresser tries to see so many,  and I wonder why is it that we as females,  join long queues to put ourselves in the hands of the" ONLY woman we trust"!?

So I book myself in for an appointment with my hairdresser when I know that 3 other people will walk in off the street,  and she won't turn them away, and she won't say "no", or "come back in an hour when I have finished the ladies I have waiting"!

I sit here in the corner having had a colour put in and pray that I won't end up with over processed,  burnt hair, and spend the next few weeks cursing that I have yet again,  paid a small fortune to the only woman I trust because my previous experiences have left me with a head full of over processed frizzed mess!

It's taken me almost 18 months to get my hair looking okay again,  faithfully seeing the same person.  But along the way,  she knows she has got my continual devotion to her services, but in reality she has come to know that,  so I gradually slip down the priority list,  and soon I will be back where I started 18 months again,  and I will be looking around for another hairdresser!

So why do we as women do this to ourselves?  Why do we have our hair on our heads cut,  coloured, curled,  straightened to then decide we don't like it,  and have extensions put in to put the length back?  Then there are the other parts of our body where we endeavor to keep them hairless, we subject ourselves to hours of torture and pain, just so we ensure that there isn't 1 stray hair left in the places where rarely another human sees!

Comments

Popular Posts